Established in January 2001, the Forum of Firms (FOF) is an organisation of international firms that perform audits of financial statements that are or may be used across national borders. Members of the Forum voluntarily agree to meet certain requirements as detailed in its Constitution. Commitment to the obligations of membership in the Forum contributes to raising the standards of the international practice of auditing in the interest of users of the profession’s services.
The world is demanding greater ten.itgconsuransparency. The regulatory bodies have already begun to exercise greater control. Auditors (link a ITG “Auditores”) are becoming more necessary than ever.
In today’s interconnected and interdependent markets, global coordination is a necessity. The regulatory bodies and those who create the rules must continue working together to promote global coherence.
The FOF conducts its business primarily through the Transnational Auditors Committee (TAC), an IFAC committee whose members have been nominated by the members of the Forum.
Forum of Firms Operating Procedures – 2 November 2005
Membership in the Forum is open to networks and to firms of all sizes that:
- Have transnational audit appointments or are interested in accepting such appointments;
- Promote the consistent application of high quality audit practices worldwide, including the use of International Standards on Auditing (ISAs);
- Support convergence of national audit standards with ISAs; and
- Agree to meet the Forum’s membership obligations.
The Forum’s membership obligations require that members:
- Maintain appropriate quality control standards in accordance with International Standards on Quality Control issued by IAASB in addition to relevant national quality control standards and conduct, to the extent not prohibited by national regulation, regular globally coordinated internal quality control reviews;
- Have policies and methodologies for the conduct of transnational audits that are based, to the extent practicable, on ISAs;
- Have policies and methodologies which conform to the IFAC Code of Ethics for Professional Accountants and national codes of ethics; and
- • Agree to submit to the Secretary of the Forum an annual report, in a form approved by the TAC (Transnational Auditors Committee), indicating that it meets the membership obligations set forth above.
International networks of firms practising under the same name, or whose member firms are otherwise closely identified with one another, such as through common elements in their name, will be expected to join as one organisation.
Membership of the Forum will include the obligation to provide resources to participate in the Forum’s activities and to pay appropriate fees.
Participants of the Forum
Firms may participate in the Forum of Firms at three levels: affiliated, provisional member, and full member.
Our specialised professionals have as their sole objective the continued improvement in the quality of the audit work (link a “ITG Auditores”) we perform for national and international clients. Our multidisciplinary teams use the most advanced methodology designed by ITG Auditores, proprietary and unique at national level, looking in depth at all the significant business processes in order to identify the risks that may affect the audited accounts.
Our unique and personalised method provides the degree of quality that your organisation requires. This is how we make the difference. ITG Auditores can offer you this differentiating factor in the review that you seek.